Process for Initial F1 Visa
(First Time Applicants)
Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy of Passport
- Bank letter or statement showing ‘proof of funds’.
If the funds are coming from a sponsor, please provide the sponsor Affidavit Form and the Sponsor’s I.D.
Within 1 week, South Beach Languages will send the I-20 form.
- Pay SEVIS Fee at www.fmjfee.com after receipt of I-20 and print payment confirmation.
- Make appointment at Embassy. For info visit: www.usembassy.gov
After you are approved, book your flight!
F1 Arrival Guide
- After approval of your F1 Visa, you should book your flight. By law, you are welcome to enter the US up to 30 days prior to your Program Start Date.
- We recommend packing plenty of light clothes as South Florida enjoys an overall temperature of 80 degrees Fahrenheit year-round, with cooler months from December-February.
- On travel day, be sure to bring your I-20, Passport with your F1 Visa Stamp, SEVIS Payment Receipt and your Financial Documentation. Do not leave them in your suitcase, as you will go through Immigration before collecting your suitcases from Baggage Claim.
- You must report to the School Official at South Beach Languages. Please bring your arrival documents.
- You will be given a ‘placement test’ to determine your level of English. F1 students must attend a minimum 18 hours per week and can begin classes on Mondays.
- After initial payment, students can choose to pay ‘month by month’ or in advance to receive a discount.
- Affidavit Form. (If funds are coming from another source other than student)