Frequently Asked Questions

Do I qualify for a Student Visa?

The Immigration and National Act has specific requirements which must be met by applicants for the student visa. Consulates will determine whether you qualify for the visa. Applicants must demonstrate that they properly meet student visa requirements including:

  • Live in a residence abroad, with no immediate intention of abandoning that residence
  • Intend to depart from the United States upon completion of the course of study
  • Possess sufficient funds to pursue the proposed course of study

When should I apply?

Embassies/Consulates can issue your F1 student visa as early as 120 days before the start date on your I-20 form. Students are encouraged to apply for their I-20 early to provide enough time for visa processing. It is recommended that you wait until you receive your Form I-20 before you make an interview appointment at the U.S. embassy or U.S. consulate. Students can enter the U.S. no earlier than 30 days before the study start date shown on your I-20 form

What is the I-20 form?

The I-20 form shows that you are eligible for F-1 Student status. The I-20 form is issued by the school (South Beach Languages). The F1 visa is issued by the US Consulate/Embassy.

What about my spouse and/or dependents?

It is possible for qualifying spouses & dependents to join F1 students in the US as F2 visa holders. Please contact our school official for information.

Do I need health insurance?

Students are responsible for obtaining health insurance. Here is one option:

Is it possible to take vacation as an F1 Student?

Yes, we offer flexible options.

How do I pay for courses?

Students can pay in advance (for a discount) or on a monthly basis.

How do you know my level?

A ‘placement’ test is given on the first day of classes.


Video Guide


Contact Us


Take Online English Test